06 July 2007

Comments on Charles Ramsey - WCTimes 7/5/07

I want to acknowledge this list as being such an excellent way to gauge what
is going on in this district, and how great of an example of "the masses" we
are here.
 
Charles Ramsey has "it".  That powerful presence and his dedication to this
district.  When I ran into a former board member at my local Long's Drugs,
I felt comfortable enough to give them my personal opinion on Charles
Ramsey.  Hey I didn't work for the district,  so anything I said couldn't
be used against me like getting me fired or anything. 
 
This former board member had a "lost" look when I mentioned the
possibility of our school board WITHOUT Charles Ramsey.  This
was a long time colleague, and I had appreciated this board member
many times with managing to sit up there and ask some intelligent
questions.  Yeah Yeah, never mind about follow through.
 
I will leave him with the same question that I left the other board
members when their term was up.
What will be your legacy? With your YEARS of being a board
member.
 The bond program? 
 Do you think that will
hold up to be a legacy?   Making appearances to get a parcel
tax passed?  Yes, Mr. Ramsey has at times worked tirelessly
for our district.  He does expect to be recognized.
 
I hope he can be recognized as leaving a legacy for his years
of public service here on our school board.  I would like for
him to make it his mission to use that "it" he has and
bring an action item to the board to establish a "SSC Committee"
consisting of staff from State/Federal programs, SSC members
and board members so that when a site is found out of
compliance by the State/Federal Programs, there is a policy
on the books for what to do.  The Education Code is not
enough.
 
I feel that if Mr. Ramsey REALLY knew how much money was being
misspent, he would take that "it" he has and get to the bottom of it.
With his recognition in the community and his presence on television,
he could make things happen.  And he has the support of all his board
members - I have seeen that.
 
And as for the example he sets with his problem solving skills when someone
or something has annoyed him?
 
I think if Mr. Ramsey would have heard my 12 year old inviting his friend to
come with us to a school board meeting, he would have been ashamed.  My
kid was telling him that one guy up there always gets mad and its funny
to watch.  But hey the good thing Mr. Ramsey, people are watching!!
 
AMEDINA

No comments:

Powered By Blogger