20 May 2007

PARENT AFFIRMATION FOR THE WEEK






I AM MY CHILD'S MOST IMPORTANT TEACHER


I AM MY CHILD'S BIGGEST FAN


To my son Michael,


Its been 19 years since I first became a parent.
Since then, I have examined my actions as my child's most important
teacher, what that looks like and how can I be better.

Your love for your mother - your pure unconditional love taught me
so many things! I remember when we first brought you home, staring
at this little being who already loved me and didn't know me yet! Well,
thats what I thought at the time anyhoo.

Hey don't get me wrong. I was a good parent. Well, more accurate
would be a parent with good intentions that sometimes worked out.
I was kinda scattered and
sometimes not giving enough direction to my child when I should have.
Not really making any extra efforts to make you go to school when you had those fake tummy aches, or wanted to stay home cause you did not
want to face your teacher without your assignment that was due last
week.
Its nice to hear how good you are doing in Oregon. Glad you are
ready to take on more classes. I am so glad to know that you believe
in yourself, like I believe in you. Your dream job will come to you.
(dream job is to write for ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE), continue to learn about MUSIC - your living your passion & it shows in your work.
Continue to be inspired by the great MUSICIANS of past and present,
you are discovering that it is OK to be YOU - most unique individuals
have to figure out how that looks for them - your doing it kid!
Love
Mom

Recognizing the important role of YOU being your child's
MOST IMPORTANT TEACHER is the first step.
I am here
to tell you there will be MANY MESSAGES from external sources
telling you that you are NOT a teacher and you do NOt know what
is best for your child. As you grow stronger with affirming your
power as a parent, these negative external messages will grow
weaker. In their place, you will find the external messages
thanking you for being such a good parent. You may have
to look REAL hard, or be real STILL to hear the good messages,
but they are there. Trust me. You cannot and will not fail to
find them if you search
If you read this, you already have one positive one!!!!
Just another parent
trying to to the best
for their kid
ALICIA

Powered By Blogger